Bestival announce the latest line-up additions

0

Over at Bestival HQ they have some exciting news to share about this year’s 10 year anniversary festival. This includes plenty of new live acts to whet your appetite as well as big DJ names that are set to join Elton John, Snoop Dogg, Fatboy Slim, and more on the decks of HMS Bestival. Plus the unveiling of plenty of Thursday night shenanigans including our Big Top and Replay With Rob da Bank line-ups.

Rob da Bank says: “The sun is out, the sky is blue and we’ve got a load more acts for you! Bestival never stops booking live bands and DJs for your pleasure and this years no different – from John Newman’s soul swing to Simian Mobile Disco’s intelligent rave and, if you haven’t seen Pretty Lights electronic workout prepare to be blown away. Besti regulars Kitty, Daisy and Lewis, Dub Pistols and Mr Pete Tong plus a load of first timers are all queuing up to pop their Bestival cherry. Not long now people!”

With the line-up already set to burst with musical talent recent UK singles chart Number One holder, John Newman joins the party. No stranger to topping the charts having already hit the summit with fellow Bestival billed pop behemoth Rudimental, John’s soulful sounds are set to make him a truly big hitter. There’s also live action from dancefloor geniuses Simian Mobile Disco, genre hopping glitch chief Pretty Lights, skank masters the Dub Pistols, another Rudimental collaborating Number One type Ella Eyre, party starters Skinny Lister, uplifting rock and electronica-clash collaborators Mixhell, chap-hop don Mr B The Gentleman Rhymer, Stockholm based quartet Kateboy, dreamwave electro from Dream Koala, Southampton thrashers Polio, cosmic-pop chanteuse Zhala, Kent’s melancholic indie tunesmith’s Story Books and the impossibly young and talented Will Joseph Smith.

Stepping up to the decks on a mission to keep you dancing all weekend long are BBC Radio 1’s original dance music champion Pete Tong who returns to host Bestival’s ‘All Gone Pete Tong’, Fabric resident and Scrutton Street shaker Daniel Avery, Wall of Sound top boy Mark Jones and deep sea bass warrior Mumdance. Plus there will be sets from Lovesick, ComfyPorn DJs, Dan Hayes, Propaganda DJs and Across The Tracks DJs.

For the fifth year running, we are opening our doors to you on Thursday and for our 10th birthday, we’ve got more amazing acts than ever before, with a jam-packed line-up in the Big Top that includes the amazing M.I.A., Justin Robertson, The Correspondents, Mark Jones, Sunday Best Forum Allstars, Kitty Daisy & Lewis, Bike To Bestival, Courtney Pine, and our Druids Opening Ceremony all hosted by Peter Tautz The Right Toastmaster.

The Replay with Rob da Bank stage, will kick off on Thursday night, with upfront sounds from the aforementioned Mixhell, Tythe, Man Without Country, East India Youth, Dog Is Dead and Feeling Gloomy. But that’s not all as there will be plenty of seafaring shenanigans across the site with a host of stages open including The Knees-Up Tent, Grand Palace Of Entertainment, Tomorrow’s World, The Bandstand, Temple Island, Club Dada and the Polka Tent.

With all of this to take in as well as the acts that have already been announced Bestival is set to be one of the most exciting festivals of the year and the team are working really hard to make this 10th anniversary spectacular one you will never forget.

For more information keep on checking www.Bestival.net and our Facebook and Twitter for all the latest news. And don’t forget to tag your tweets #hmsbestival.

Share.

About Author

I’m Megan Downing, an English Literature graduate from University of Southampton. I am the Music, Arts and Culture Editor for The National Student. I am the Membership and Communications Officer for the Student Publication Association, I write about music for 7BitArcade, and contribute regularly to The Culture Trip. I have a passion for live music and this is where I began in student journalism. Reviewing a gig or festival is still where my heart lies four years on. I will be starting at MTV as a News Intern in June 2015. One thing you should know about me is that I have an unhealthy obsession with Kevin Spacey.

Leave A Reply