Preview: Reading Festival 2013 – Sunday

0

After long last, here is The Edge’s third and final part of the Reading Festival 2013 preview. To kick things off we’ll start with the Main Stage. Biffy Clyro will be returning to Reading Festival this year to perform in the Sunday headline slot. Simon and co. will be sure to entertain the doting fans. Preceding Biffy’s headline slot Nine Inch Nails will be performing.

The act I’m probably most excited about over the whole weekend will be gracing the Main Stage on Sunday, and this band are the legendary pop-punk heroes, Fall Out Boy. Hopefully they will be showcasing the pop-punk brilliance from their 5 studio albums including their latest effort Save Rock and Roll. Also on the Main Stage will be The Lumineers, Editors, Don Broco and Hadouken!.

Over on the BBC Radio One/NME stage will be the legendary French synth-pop band Phoenix. Playing a later slot and a bigger stage than last year the founder of ‘witch-hop’ Azealia Banks will be performing. If the reaction to hit single ‘212’ is anywhere near as crazy as last year the people of Reading are in for a very raucous treat. Electronic duo Disclosure will be performing after their astronomical rise to fame over the last twelve months. Another one of my personal favourite line-up additions; City and Colour. Dallas Green will be performing his beautiful array of acoustic tracks showcasing his stunning vocal abilities with tracks such as ‘Fragile Bird’ and ‘Like Knives’. The three sisters that are taking the world by storm in the form of Haim will also be performing on the BBC Radio One/NME Stage on Sunday along with Alex Clare, Tribes and boy-girl dynamo duo Alunageorge, and with the release of their debut album Body Music approaching they’re definitely not one to miss.

The BBC Radio One Dance Stage will play host to Knife Party in the headline slot on the Sunday of Reading Festival 2013. Joining them will be Bauuer, Dillion Francis and the fantastic Charli XCX. Over on the Lock Up/Rock Stage Enter Shikari will be blowing many socks off with their special Enter Shikari Sound System. Prepare for some extremely loud, extremely energetic, sounds hosted by Rou Reynolds and co. Also on the Lock Up/Rock Stage will be Gallows, Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats and Arcane Roots.

The Festival Republic Stage will play host to Spector, who will be performing in the headline slot. Mount Kimbie and Pure Love will also be performing, and after seeing the latter at last years Reading Festival you don’t want to miss them. Also on the Festival Republic stage will be the recently hyped about Chapel Club. The 1xtra Stage will be headlined by Wretch 32 and the rest of the Sunday line up is equally as impressive. Angel Haze, Ms Dynamite and Mikell Pane are all among the name set to play on the 1xtra Stage. Another personal favourite of mine is the fabulous Ghostpoet, so make sure you head along and catch his set.

Take a look at The Edge’s review of Friday and Saturday preview of Reading Festival 2013. Be sure to check out the official Reading Festival 2013 website for the full line up and any other information.